Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Any VST Effect recommendations?

Any VST Effect recommendations?

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Any VST Effect recommendations?

Postby zadehmusic » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm

I use Ableton Live 8 ad I love the native effects but I would love to experiment with some new effects.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some decent VST Effects?

Also, I was thinking of adding an extra Ableton instrument (like Operator or Samplerand the rest) and opinions on them would also be helpful.

Cheers
zadehmusic

VST fx

Postby blnd! » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:30 pm

i was about to open a VST topic :D nice move!

so yeah lets see dem VSTs! and if u post, would be nice if you could let us know why/how do u use it + screenshot (maybe link to buy / dl if its free...)
gud places to start:
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?m=vstfx
http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Effects.htm

Baxxpander 1.2 by Elogoxa FREE
amp for bassline

"Vintage style saturation/bass expander unit, presented as VST effect. We think this plugin is specially good to add warmth and saturation to drums and basses, and with vocal tracks that need a little punch. It uses very little CPU, and includes 8 factory presets."
its from 2004 so its really kinda vintage :lol:
blnd!

Re: VST fx

Postby zadehmusic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:21 pm

blnd! wrote:i was about to open a VST topic :D nice move!

so yeah lets see dem VSTs! and if u post, would be nice if you could let us know why/how do u use it + screenshot (maybe link to buy / dl if its free...)
gud places to start:
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?m=vstfx
http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Effects.htm

Baxxpander 1.2 by Elogoxa FREE
amp for bassline

"Vintage style saturation/bass expander unit, presented as VST effect. We think this plugin is specially good to add warmth and saturation to drums and basses, and with vocal tracks that need a little punch. It uses very little CPU, and includes 8 factory presets."
its from 2004 so its really kinda vintage :lol:

Yeah would, it would be a good thread for some VST reccomendations and tips! :)
Cheers mate, i'll check them out and i have been looking for somethinf#g to give my synths that warmth with out being too harsh on the ears! Thank you so much :D
zadehmusic

Re: Any VST Effect recommendations?

Postby fragment » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:51 am

I got the entire d16 Silverline set of FX (two distortion units, bit crusher, chorus, phaser, reverb) and I love all of them. Lots of control, low CPU.
"Your Eyes" from my upcoming self-release EP
http://soundcloud.com/solerelic/further-than-the-dark
fragment

Postby bootycall » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:53 pm

+1 on D16's effects!

I'd like to add: soundtoys : -)
♥ Long Nights, Dancing Girls & Disco Lights.
You can find me on; Soundcloud & Facebook. (:
bootycall

Postby glottis5 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm

i use audio damages delay/reverb vsts on p. much every track

as well as psp vintage warmer
glottis5

Postby Vectrex » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm

One of my personal favorites: Softube's Tube-Tech PE-1C.The best digital Pultec-style EQ there is, I think. Smash this one on a drum buss (or individual drum hits, especially kick drums), instant score. I use it as an AU but there certainly is a VST version as well.

Other likes: Softube's CL-1B, Lexicon's RandomHall Reverb, FabFilter's Timeless 2 Delay & FabFilter's Volcano Filter.

I don't think I use any other plugin's except these and Logic's standard plug-ins.
Vectrex

Postby ToneBox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Fabfilter are really good.
ToneBox

Postby blnd! » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 pm

ToneBox wrote:Fabfilter are really good.

:lol: care to share more about it? :roll:
blnd!

Postby ToneBox » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah the mixing tools have the best user interface I've ever come across. This makes them very easy to use. They also sound really good too. I can only really comment on pro-c, pro-q & pro-l. the others look and sound good too but I don't own them. They seem pretty flexible with plenty of modulation options.
ToneBox

Postby Vectrex » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:40 pm

ToneBox wrote:Yeah the mixing tools have the best user interface I've ever come across. This makes them very easy to use. They also sound really good too. I can only really comment on pro-c, pro-q & pro-l. the others look and sound good too but I don't own them. They seem pretty flexible with plenty of modulation options.

you're right, especially their compressor is top notch. when i was still working on a pc i used it as my standard compressor. but the one in logic certainly is as good, so no need for it anymore.
Vectrex

Postby Stealth Elf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 pm

blnd! wrote:

What's fabfilter?

Stealth Elf

Postby blnd! » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Stealth Elf wrote:
blnd! wrote:

What's fabfilter?

yeah seriously, if one too lazy to write few words about the vst, then better not to post here at all :ugeek:

FabFilter Total bundle 30-days trial version
http://www.fabfilter.com/download/

apparantly they are "really good" :P
blnd!

Postby Swiped » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:38 pm

A really good vst effect I have been using is "iZotope Stutter Edit". It is a great vst for stutter effects you can use it on any audio to make some nice effects and it uses midi channels to trigger the effects so you can run midi patterns and it will give some great results.. It is great for vocals and all types of samples it makes them all choppy and does things you can probably never do with chopping up a sample alone. This is a winner and one of a kind vst I would recommend this for anyone as you will find a use for it on almost any tracks.

here is a picture from a google search.

Another great vst app is Nomad factory they have a ton of good vst plugins to many to mention but the main ones I use on most tracks is the bbe sonic sweet great for adding limiters with some extra sparkle. I use this as effects and also as a semi master app worth having in the arsenal.

Nomad info link
http://plugindiscounts.com/nomadfactory.html
Swiped

Postby ToneBox » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm

blnd! wrote:yeah seriously, if one too lazy to write few words about the vst, then better not to post here at all :ugeek:

FabFilter Total bundle 30-days trial version
http://www.fabfilter.com/download/

apparantly they are "really good" :P

how is really really good?

i got Reaktor in the half price Native Instruments sale... really fucking good!
ToneBox

Next

Return to Production