Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Self-marketing

Self-marketing

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Re: Self-marketing

Postby beebmun » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Soundcloud is changing soon so the whole method of promotion within the site itself could change.

The thing is. If you are on facebook and make a post as your page and then someone likes it/comments then it will pop up on their newsfeed. So the people you are targeting(friends of friends) will be aware that the page exists. This is the first stage in planning for a successful page. It takes time to build anything.

I actually shit you not. This week 4 different producers have asked me "How do you get so many comments, blah blah....". The answer, i've been working at music and promoting it for 9 months solid. Not just making tunes, promoting them.

You see, as Mike said. You just have to put the work in and post interesting things, tunes, anything!

Someone liked your page. They SUBSCRIBED to you. They want to see your posts. That is why they clicked the link. Give them something to talk about I say!

Basically, I have no shame(When it's people who know who I am) in sharing music blatently on a link or page. It's just banter, but i know when i share it that it will interest them, if someone else sees it due to activity then it's a bonus too.

Just spatterings of the daily thoughts I get about this subject, lol..
beebmun

Postby djscratchin » Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Make music and tell people about it. Done and done.
djscratchin

Postby beebmun » Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm

djscratchin wrote:Make music and tell people about it. Done and done.

It's all in how you tell them though. ;)
beebmun

Postby Mike Hindle » Thu May 10, 2012 5:17 pm

beebmun wrote:
Basically, I have no shame(When it's people who know who I am) in sharing music blatently on a link or page. It's just banter, but i know when i share it that it will interest them, if someone else sees it due to activity then it's a bonus too.

This is a crucual part of it I'd say, once you've got that awareness and people know who you are and accept / like your music, you will get away with a hell of a lot more.

Mr Beebs reference spam being a prime example :D It's not seen as spam, but coming from a random person you've not really heard of it probably would be. Gotta build that shit up :geek:
Mike Hindle

Postby Lye Form » Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 pm

blnd! wrote:
Lye Form wrote:By day i'm actually an SEO/ Social media consultant...

I should be mega star by now...

haha so how come u aint?

The music still has to be good! :-p

Beeb has it right, the more you put in the more you get out.

I personally don't put much into social at the moment because i don't know what i want out yet. I really wanted lots of followers & comments on SD when i first signed up. Now i would rather have 10 people who i respect enjoy my music than 10,000,000 UKF fans going "OMG DISS IZ SIK, I POOD AT DA DROP".

Self Promotion can be just masturbation for your ego... or to reach particular goals... I'm still defining my goals.
Lye Form

Self-marketing

Postby Stealth Elf » Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Soundcloud is changing?
Stealth Elf

Postby beebmun » Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Stealth Elf wrote:Soundcloud is changing?

Yeah man. Apply for the beta here. Me and Inofaith both have. It's full just now but you should get put on the list. I think Tobias will get on it as he's an avid user and has been for a long time.

http://next.soundcloud.com/
beebmun

Postby beebmun » Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Lye Form wrote:
blnd! wrote:
Lye Form wrote:By day i'm actually an SEO/ Social media consultant...

I should be mega star by now...

haha so how come u aint?

Now i would rather have 10 people who i respect enjoy my music than 10,000,000 UKF fans going "OMG DISS IZ SIK, I POOD AT DA DROP".

Self Promotion can be just masturbation for your ego... or to reach particular goals... I'm still defining my goals.

Very true. Totally agree, all about targeting people you think would like it! Getting respect from your peers along with feedback is waaaay more rewarding.

As for goals. My HONEST only goal when i started making music marketing wise was to get 250 likes on facebook. i had an agreement with my missus that if I did I was allowed to get a studio set up with mixing etc.

:D

PS. I tihnk she agreed due to the fact she thought I wouldn't do it. lol(I never thought in a million years I would either)

PPS. For me the marketing side is all about getting my music out there and having a sense of achievement. I'm never going to do music full time or anything, so this is just all good fun for me. Have managed to make some good friends along the way and for me that's the most important thing. BANTER RULES MY LIFE
beebmun

Postby Stealth Elf » Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 am

beebmun wrote:

Yeah man. Apply for the beta here. Me and Inofaith both have. It's full just now but you should get put on the list. I think Tobias will get on it as he's an avid user and has been for a long time.

Nice one! How come I hadn't heard about this yet?!? Looks awesome!
Stealth Elf

Postby ljp » Fri May 11, 2012 11:32 am

Stealth Elf wrote:
beebmun wrote:

Nice one! How come I hadn't heard about this yet?!? Looks awesome!

Agreed. Especially - "Press play and just keep listening! Explore the next SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Hit the Waveform button to return to the sound you’re hearing." Hated how I couldn't listen to my favourites or someones track and browse at the same time!

For once a website change looks good. I've left quite a few forums because of drastic changes which changed the whole site completely, for no real purpose over than aesthetics (not just themes)

Any rough date we can be expecting this? If it's in public beta I'm assuming not too far away...
ljp

Ten Facebook Timeline tips for bands

Postby blnd! » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Ten Facebook Timeline tips for bands
some solid advice on timeline (nothing really new, but could be useful for you tho)
blnd!

Postby ljp » Mon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

FYI, if you want to join the beta, then do apply, I'm a soundcloud no-body, and got accepted after a few weeks after applying. Soz for off topic, just thought i'd pop it here as there was beta talk, saves making a new thread.
ljp

Postby blnd! » Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 pm

ljp wrote:FYI, if you want to join the beta, then do apply, I'm a soundcloud no-body, and got accepted after a few weeks after applying. Soz for off topic, just thought i'd pop it here as there was beta talk, saves making a new thread.

but maybe it would worth to open a new thread, i mean we all use soundcloud, so this is kinda a big change for all of us :)
blnd!

Postby blnd! » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Since the new faceboak feature (promoted posts and shite) my news feed is filled with these misleading posts about "Show in news feed" and all. But that's the default, so don't ask your likers to choose that. That's just stupid. Ask them to set their news feed to SORT: MOST RECENT (so should you), that can help. Fb often sets back to Top stories, you can prevent that by using Social Fixer plugin or something similar (or u can just change it manually)

Here is a really interesting article on these changes:
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2012/06/1 ... questions/
TLDR:
- On average, a Page’s posts are seen by only 16% of the people who like the Page;
- Facebook uses a computer algorithm called EdgeRank that has an impact on who sees any given Page post, and who doesn’t — and they’ve been using that algorithm for at least a year;
- It’s not clear whether Facebook actually prevents users from seeing all Page posts, though there are good reasons to believe it does;
- Despite what you may have read, there are no free, easy fixes by which a Page administrator can ensure that all fans of the Page who are online will see the Page’s posts in their news feeds;
- Despite what you may have read, there are no easy or effective ways that fans of a Page can ensure they will see all the Page’s posts;
- Facebook users will soon be seeing more Promoted Posts (ones that Pages pay Facebook to distribute more widely and effectively) in their news feeds — and that will make it even less likely they will see un-Promoted posts from the Pages they like.
- The rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer, and everyone will die.
blnd!

Postby blnd! » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 pm

blnd!

PreviousNext

Return to Production