Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Synkro

Synkro

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Synkro

Postby fractal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am

this guys tunes are incredible, so much depth and feeling... perfect soundtrack to these grey, wet autum days here in seattle

and im loving his take on this classic

gwan synkro :arrow:
fractal

Re: Synkro

Postby Whistla » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:54 am

Synkro = Quality
:D
Whistla

Postby Furiouz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:43 am

Big up Synk everytime! So many big releases this year
Furiouz @ Sub FM - Tues 4-6 PM GMT [UKG/House/Future Garage]
Furiouz

Postby wobbler » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:26 am

Sounds a bit too much like quantised Burial for me.
wobbler

Postby Erra » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm

wobbler wrote:Sounds a bit too much like quantised Burial

Although i do rate him highly and he's a very consistent artist with releases..
Erra

Postby kingthing » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Yep, he's on a very good tip
kingthing

Postby Malcolm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Erra wrote:
wobbler wrote:Sounds a bit too much like quantised Burial

Although i do rate him highly and he's a very consistent artist with releases..

pretty much all of this. He's a great producer although I feel he's missing something that makes him stand above the rest. Altho I don't think that'll be too long
Tune into myself, Malcolm Zulu w/ special guests
Malcolm

Postby fractal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 pm

wobbler wrote:Sounds a bit too much like quantised Burial for me.

cant argue with that, regardless it sounds good to me...

and to be frank, a lot of this "future" garage gives me a sense of nostalgia, in the sense that it brings me back to the sounds of the late 90's early 00's
fractal

Postby Whistla » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:47 pm

i quite like the differences between Synkro and Burial
both make sick tunes
both use rich atmospheres
both have skippy shuffles that filter

but then

burial is predominately on the "london" darkness, urban gritty tip

whereas

i hear Synkro more as on a garage re-imagining tip

just think how much "catchier" some of Synkros stuff is compared to Burial, how Synkro's stuff can be put into long deep mixes. Burial isnt interested in these things, he has his own artistic vision, to him quantizing must seem like something he isnt as bothered with compared to getting that right atmosphereic nuance. Synkro does seem interested in teh dancefloor, in the dj, in the garage continuity.

both have there own styles, and production techniques. just cos Synkro also uses atmos and 2step filtered drums doesnt make him seem like a quantized burial. to me his whole approach is completely different to Burials, and the fact that he can be compared so readily to Burial speaks volumes about his production skills.

but hey thats just me :D

Burial and Synkro need to work on a beat together :o thats right i said it! whose with me in trying to make that happen????
Whistla

Postby Malcolm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:01 pm

nailed it whistla. a long mix with synkro with some dark vibe over the top would be something special
Tune into myself, Malcolm Zulu w/ special guests
Malcolm

Postby fractal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Whistla wrote:Burial and Synkro need to work on a beat together :o thats right i said it! whose with me in trying to make that happen????

im with you!
fractal

Postby simple » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:35 pm

synkro runs it. /end
simple

Postby absense » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 pm

From outside Synkro probably does sound like Burial... but when you're deep into the scene and well into them both they sound nothing alike.
absense

Postby Cluelessbeats » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:43 am

synkro/burial collab: +1
Cluelessbeats

Postby fbom » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Whistla wrote:Burial and Synkro need to work on a beat together :o thats right i said it! whose with me in trying to make that happen????

would be nice
fbom

Next

Return to Future Garage