Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Synkro

Synkro

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Re: Synkro

Postby SMW » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Catch him headlining at my first event!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171541296208032
SMW

Postby maxcroydon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

This guy is awesome , i love how he merges dubstep into garage and makes such a unique flow, he needs to be given a bloody reward !

Synkro - Everyday is a banger
maxcroydon

Postby Josif » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 pm

SMW wrote:Catch him headlining at my first event!!

wish i could make it to this! gonna be an awsome night. Got work early the next day though, absolutely gutted :(
Josif

Postby panleft » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

SMW wrote:Catch him headlining at my first event!!

Synkro in Essex! Big ups man!
panleft

Postby slowpokecity » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

synkro doesn't sound as much like burial as people make out.

when i see that written i honestly think its people who listen to burial but no other garage, so they don't make the connection and just assume synkro is cattin him.

imo synkro's music is a lot cleaner, less experiemental and less ambient.

big producer still
slowpokecity

Postby inDistinkt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm

I like both producers, but dont think someone should be rated because their sound is similar to someone else's. IIRC even Burial said once he originally wanted to recreate El'B's sound in his own way. As long as they like the shit theyre making, I see nothing wrong with using other artists as inspiration.
inDistinkt

Postby Whyrez » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:32 pm

slowpokecity wrote:synkro doesn't sound as much like burial as people make out.

when i see that written i honestly think its people who listen to burial but no other garage, so they don't make the connection and just assume synkro is cattin him.

imo synkro's music is a lot cleaner, less experiemental and less ambient.

big producer still

I always want to say on Youtube, but I am fed up with useless conversations with school kids on Ketamine...

So; Submerse sounds like Synkro, Synkro sounds like Burial,Burial Sounds like El-B, El-B sounds like MJ Cole, MJ Cole sounds like Todd Edwards, Todd Edwards sounds like Joey Negro, Joey Negro sounds like Frankie Knuckles, Frankie Knuckles sounds like The Whispers, The Whispers sound like Parliament/Funkadelic, Parliament sounds like James Brown, James Brown sounds like Louis Armstrong, Louis Armstrong sounds like Beethoven, et fucking cetera.

Of course music is going to have similarities, composers/artists have always taken influence from their predecessors/current influences that's how it evolves. None of them sound exactly alike, it's impossible.
Whyrez

Postby Stealth Elf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Oh FUCK! SMW I can't believe I missed that night of yours you posted O.o That would have been so big...

Also, Synkro is very different from Burial. Synkro is dance music and Burial is more relaxing on a Sunday music IMO. Both great producers though.
Stealth Elf

Postby slowpokecity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 am

Whyrez wrote:
I always want to say on Youtube, but I am fed up with useless conversations with school kids on Ketamine...

So; Submerse sounds like Synkro, Synkro sounds like Burial,Burial Sounds like El-B, El-B sounds like MJ Cole, MJ Cole sounds like Todd Edwards, Todd Edwards sounds like Joey Negro, Joey Negro sounds like Frankie Knuckles, Frankie Knuckles sounds like The Whispers, The Whispers sound like Parliament/Funkadelic, Parliament sounds like James Brown, James Brown sounds like Louis Armstrong, Louis Armstrong sounds like Beethoven, et fucking cetera.

Of course music is going to have similarities, composers/artists have always taken influence from their predecessors/current influences that's how it evolves. None of them sound exactly alike, it's impossible.

spot on.

like i say i think the people making the accusations just don't listen to a lot of garage, or music for that matter.
slowpokecity

Postby casket » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 pm

amazing
casket

Postby parrage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Synkro is a badman, all his tunes are quality. A Synkro/Burial collab would be large! Both have their own sound, sure there may be some similarities, but that doesn't necessarily mean they sound the same.
parrage

Postby dc2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 am

i listen to alot of both of them and i dont think they sound alike at all. what i love about synkro is his heavily filtered beats that you can instantly identify as him. theyre both on completely different tips, i think whistla got it spot on
big producer! looking forward to seeing him at outlook this year but will hopefully catch him sooner!
his dnb is decent but it's shame he's focusing more on that this year rather than the 2 step bangers
dc2

Postby dc2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 am

i listen to alot of both of them and i dont think they sound alike at all. what i love about synkro is his heavily filtered beats that you can instantly identify as him. theyre both on completely different tips, i think whistla got it spot on
big producer! looking forward to seeing him at outlook this year but will hopefully catch him sooner!
his dnb is decent but it's shame he's focusing more on that this year rather than the 2 step bangers

edit: ah shet double post. can an admin delete this i havent worked out how yet..
dc2

Postby dan_k » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Whistla wrote:
just think how much "catchier" some of Synkros stuff is compared to Burial, how Synkro's stuff can be put into long deep mixes. Burial isnt interested in these things, he has his own artistic vision, to him quantizing must seem like something he isnt as bothered with compared to getting that right atmosphereic nuance. Synkro does seem interested in teh dancefloor, in the dj, in the garage continuity.

both have there own styles, and production techniques. just cos Synkro also uses atmos and 2step filtered drums doesnt make him seem like a quantized burial. to me his whole approach is completely different to Burials, and the fact that he can be compared so readily to Burial speaks volumes about his production skills.
?

agree 100%
dan_k

Postby Bolsty » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 pm

ive heard a couple of synkro mixes and they sounded pretty mediocre (not beat matching, just the mixes themselves) anyone got any synkro mixes that are seriously on point?
Bolsty

PreviousNext

Return to Future Garage