Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Future Garage Forum compilation?

Future Garage Forum compilation?

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Re: Future Garage Forum compilation?

Postby sonika » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

keep me updated

tbh I'm not a huge fan of the term "future"

just call it garage dontcha think
Atmospheric and melodic garage tune, free mastered download:
http://soundcloud.com/sonika_sound/sonika-but-you-wont-free

My Soundcloud
My Facebook
sonika

Postby Whyrez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:07 pm

sonika wrote:tbh I'm not a huge fan of the term "future"

just call it garage dontcha think

Whyrez

Postby eenzo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

i know im kinda late to the party :oops: but id love to be involved.

keep me posted! :mrgreen:
some cool garage-y vibez
http://soundcloud.com/birdrun/timbr
new remix: (warning: may or may not blow your sub)
http://soundcloud.com/birdrun/palomafaithremix

dude, house and garage are sooooo played out. I make apartment
eenzo

Postby blnd! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:24 pm

eenzo wrote:i know im kinda late to the party :oops: but id love to be involved.

keep me posted! :mrgreen:

not late at all! havent even started this
blnd!

Postby DFENDR » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm

scotaft wrote:Here's an alphabetical list of everyone that was involved in this topic from the very beginning. If you'd like to be involved and your name is not on this list please comment after this post. I'll be directly contacting these people soon to see if they still want to be involved.

Thanks for that, good to see who's interested. Was hard to pick out of ten pages.

I've got some KILLERRR stuff I'm sitting on, we lookin' at a date Kolendo? Also, did we decide 1 track submission per artist? Seems fair to me, although I've got a few I'd like to submit myself :oops:
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Postby parsons19 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

Can I ask a question about thissss

Does the tune have to be exclusive to the Comp? or can it come from an Independently released EP (which I am currently working on)? I got a tune I like and would like on both hahaha
parsons19

Postby DFENDR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

parsons19 wrote:Can I ask a question about thissss

Does the tune have to be exclusive to the Comp? or can it come from an Independently released EP (which I am currently working on)? I got a tune I like and would like on both hahaha

Seems to me like this would be fine if you mean that you're releasing it one your own (posted to YOUR Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc.). Otherwise, probably no one wants to deal with legalities of ownership, copyright or whatever.

Although, it also seems to me like we'd like a release of fresh tunes. Maybe it's something you could release with the EP after the comp comes out? Which, could be years from now at this rate :)
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Postby parsons19 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm

DFENDR wrote:
parsons19 wrote:Can I ask a question about thissss

Seems to me like this would be fine if you mean that you're releasing it one your own (posted to YOUR Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc.). Otherwise, probably no one wants to deal with legalities of ownership, copyright or whatever.

Although, it also seems to me like we'd like a release of fresh tunes. Maybe it's something you could release with the EP after the comp comes out? Which, could be years from now at this rate :)

Haha yeah man entirely my own release no labels or anything silly involved with the EP I am on about! :)

Haha you're right though, it could be a while before this happens, I might have something brand new by that time! Maybe we should get this rolling a bit? I mean we got the list of people interested and a a few extras who have displayed interest. Maybe now we should agree on a date tracks should be submitted by? Obviously Kolendo has the biggest say, its his idea :)
parsons19

Postby blnd! » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

This is what we came up with so far:
- forum users only
- 1 track / person (so do your best!)
- only unpublished tunes (not been publicly shared, but u can release it later on a label or anything)
- 1 month deadline
- cleared samples
- judges pick 10-12 'winner'
(depends on the amount of submitted tunes)
- free release (i can make a Bandcamp page)

There will be an announcement before February, Kolendo will post the rules and things.

We need to pick some judges. The suggestions so far:
Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:If we're asking famous/respected folks I think we should ask those who have been at some point at least vaguely present on the forum. Also maybe have one producer, one label head and one blogger? To make up the three. Possibly one radio DJ if you wanna bump it to four. Gives a bit of variation and keeps it linked to the forum that way.

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:Blogger: Mike Hindle from IA or Gareth from Night Tracks (both been active on the forum and often support music from forum producers)
Radio Host: Blackdown (I know he used to post on the forum a bit, his show's pretty influential on a lot of our tastes I'd say) or the BTTF guys (they've done stacks of promo recently for music they've found on the forum and really supported it and the producers on here) or AhadaDream (again active on the forum and often supports other producers on here)
Label Head: Andy Bee from Slime recordings (I'm just loving everything they do at the moment and don't have a better suggestion)
Producer: MJ Cole (would be super cool but prob a bit unrealistic, again don't have any particularly inspired suggestions for this one)
Forum User: blnd! or if not a mod then maybe Whyrez or Stealth Elf? Someone who is fairly active and a long time user would be my thoughts.

Of course Whistla would probably be an obvious suggestion and would fit 4 out of the 5 categories.

5910 wrote:Opinion on Judges, I think someone like DFRNT - would be a good judge, he runs two labels and a fucking sick podcast, so there'd even be good promo from the man if we get our shit together.
Mike Hindle from Immersed Audio (label& blog) already mentioned he's in. I really like the idea to have judges who are or have been involved with the forum. I'm gonna ask Whistla if he's interested to be a judge, would be great to have him on board. I can also ask Andy (Slime Recordings) and the BackthetooFuture dudes (Sub.fm) or AhadaDream (DIY radio).
I could reach out to MJ Cole, but as mentioned above it's a wee bit unrealistic. I've got zero contact to DFRNT and Blackdown.
Any suggestions?

other bits:
- artwork: we had several volunteers, so don't think that's gonna be a problem
- master: ave seen couple 'free mastering' topics over the production subforum, maybe one of them wouldn't mind to do it (that would mean all tunes must be submitted with enought headroom for mastering, like -6.0 db)
blnd!

Postby Whyrez » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestion for me being a judge but I'm going to get involved in the compilation myself hopefully :D

Sepia speaks to Blackdown, I could try and get some contact details from him & see what's being said? Won't bother until submission date is in place though to save wasting anybody's time.
Whyrez

Postby blnd! » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Whyrez wrote:Thanks for the suggestion for me being a judge but I'm going to get involved in the compilation myself hopefully :D

Ohh really? U IZ ALREADY TOO FAMOUZ ME THINKS! :lol:
Whyrez wrote:Sepia speaks to Blackdown, I could try and get some contact details from him & see what's being said? Won't bother until submission date is in place though to save wasting anybody's time.
cool! good point
blnd!

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 am

Whyrez wrote:Thanks for the suggestion for me being a judge but I'm going to get involved in the compilation myself hopefully :D

Ha! Yeh guess it might be difficult to find a long time forum user who also doesn't want to submit. :s

Was thinking that if we want a relatively big name producer to judge maybe Submerse or Clueless might be a go? Neither of them Have particularly strong links to the forum (as far as I know) but I know Beeb used to chat with Submerse quite a bit and as Clueless put out on B-Dem I figure Whyrez is pretty familiar with him?
Tbh though I reckon if we get some at least three from Mike (IA) , Andy (Slime), the BTTF guys, AhadaDream and Whistla we should be pretty good.
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby parsons19 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Ok those rules seem good, will prob have to start a new one based on the cleared samples thing haha (they're not recognisable but rules are rules and that one is there for CLEAR reasons!)

I am keen to know how strict we are being with the term Garage. Strictly 120-140 2Step and 4x4 beats? Or we just talking 'future' music? A hard one of course, we got people pumping out half time stuff, bassline style stuff, things with hints back to proper old school garage, people with proper deep Ghostek style stuff! Keen to know how loose we are being with genre :P
parsons19

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm

parsons19 wrote:I am keen to know how strict we are being with the term Garage. Strictly 120-140 2Step and 4x4 beats? Or we just talking 'future' music? A hard one of course, we got people pumping out half time stuff, bassline style stuff, things with hints back to proper old school garage, people with proper deep Ghostek style stuff! Keen to know how loose we are being with genre :P

Well I reckon this compilation is more about promoting the forum and the community surrounding the term "Future Garage" rather than being too specific about the definition of it as a genre. I dont think a track should be disallowed just because it isn't exactly one persons idea of "Future Garage".

That being said, the tracks are being judged and making something too out of the normal scope of stuff might disadvantage you depending on the judges predisposition to that kind of track. I guess thats a risk no matter what you write though.

I reckon any tune submitted should be sent to the judges (if of course it adhere's to the rules stated above).
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby parsons19 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:
parsons19 wrote:I am keen to know how strict we are being with the term Garage. Strictly 120-140 2Step and 4x4 beats? Or we just talking 'future' music? A hard one of course, we got people pumping out half time stuff, bassline style stuff, things with hints back to proper old school garage, people with proper deep Ghostek style stuff! Keen to know how loose we are being with genre :P

Well I reckon this compilation is more about promoting the forum and the community surrounding the term "Future Garage" rather than being too specific about the definition of it as a genre. I dont think a track should be disallowed just because it isn't exactly one persons idea of "Future Garage".

That being said, the tracks are being judged and making something too out of the normal scope of stuff might disadvantage you depending on the judges predisposition to that kind of track. I guess thats a risk no matter what you write though.

I reckon any tune submitted should be sent to the judges (if of course it adhere's to the rules stated above).

Awesome, thats the sort of thing I was looking for personally! :P
parsons19

PreviousNext

Return to Future Garage