Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Future Garage Forum compilation?

Future Garage Forum compilation?

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Re: Future Garage Forum compilation?

Postby blnd! » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:
parsons19 wrote:I am keen to know how strict we are being with the term Garage. Strictly 120-140 2Step and 4x4 beats? Or we just talking 'future' music? A hard one of course, we got people pumping out half time stuff, bassline style stuff, things with hints back to proper old school garage, people with proper deep Ghostek style stuff! Keen to know how loose we are being with genre :P

Well I reckon this compilation is more about promoting the forum and the community surrounding the term "Future Garage" rather than being too specific about the definition of it as a genre. I dont think a track should be disallowed just because it isn't exactly one persons idea of "Future Garage".

That being said, the tracks are being judged and making something too out of the normal scope of stuff might disadvantage you depending on the judges predisposition to that kind of track. I guess thats a risk no matter what you write though.

I reckon any tune submitted should be sent to the judges (if of course it adhere's to the rules stated above).
Well, Kolendo suggested that we should allow garage tunes only, and since its mainly a garage forum i guess submitting garage or garage influenced tunes would be a good idea, but as we have all kinds of tracks in the 'My Tunes' subforum, i believe we could allow like (almost) any genre and let the judges decide if it's good enough or not.

Y U NO SUBMIT A TRAP TUNE?!?!
blnd!

Postby bkwsk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm

But when is this starting then? :mrgreen:
bkwsk

Postby DFENDR » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm

blnd! wrote:This is what we came up with so far:
- forum users only
- 1 track / person (so do your best!)
- only unpublished tunes (not been publicly shared, but u can release it later on a label or anything)
- 1 month deadline
- cleared samples
- judges pick 10-12 'winner'
(depends on the amount of submitted tunes)
- free release (i can make a Bandcamp page)

Ah, thanks for clearing those up for me, didn't mean to mislead anyone.

bkwsk wrote:But when is this starting then? :mrgreen:

I'm guessing sometimes early next month, based on this:

blnd! wrote:There will be an announcement before February, Kolendo will post the rules and things.
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Postby bkwsk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Ah, good. Hadn't read that before. Glad to see it's finally happening.
bkwsk

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 am

blnd! wrote:Well, Kolendo suggested that we should allow garage tunes only, and since its mainly a garage forum i guess submitting garage or garage influenced tunes would be a good idea, but as we have all kinds of tracks in the 'My Tunes' subforum, i believe we could allow like (almost) any genre and let the judges decide if it's good enough or not.

Yeh tbh I don't reckon anyone will submit anything too wildly outside of the box to really have to worry about this overly.
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby parsons19 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 am

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:
blnd! wrote:Well, Kolendo suggested that we should allow garage tunes only, and since its mainly a garage forum i guess submitting garage or garage influenced tunes would be a good idea, but as we have all kinds of tracks in the 'My Tunes' subforum, i believe we could allow like (almost) any genre and let the judges decide if it's good enough or not.

Yeh tbh I don't reckon anyone will submit anything too wildly outside of the box to really have to worry about this overly.

Oh yeah for sure, I am not talking about like Trap or DnB or something like that, it has to be somewhat garagey, but of course Future Garage is quite a broad community/genre right now!
parsons19

Postby Fiveways » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

its a bit too early to tell i guess but is this gonna be a one off thing or are others thinking there could be more forum compilations in the future?
Fiveways

Postby Sasimisako » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 am

Someone explain me the term "cleared samples" :D
Sasimisako

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 am

It means that you either own the rights to them, meaning you bought them/ were given them from the creator for use in works that would be sold for money or you made them yourself. In my understanding, for example, subscribers of Computer Music Magazine may use samples they obtain in purchased issues for their own releases but may not redistribute them. So if I gave you my CM samples you could not release tracks using them but I could. But I would have also broken the law. Anyone want to add to this or correct me?
[email protected]

Postby Whyrez » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

[email protected] wrote:It means that you either own the rights to them, meaning you bought them/ were given them from the creator for use in works that would be sold for money or you made them yourself. In my understanding, for example, subscribers of Computer Music Magazine may use samples they obtain in purchased issues for their own releases but may not redistribute them. So if I gave you my CM samples you could not release tracks using them but I could. But I would have also broken the law. Anyone want to add to this or correct me?

Pfft..

'Cleared Samples' means, can you get away with it? :lol:

It's not against the law if you don't get caught :lol:

Whyrez

Postby bkwsk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:17 pm

But being against the law is good! :ugeek:
bkwsk

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Anyone else? LOL
[email protected]

Postby Sasimisako » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 pm

It's not against the law if you don't get caught
LOL Thanks people, i'll try to be legal :D
Sasimisako

Postby blnd! » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 pm

[email protected] wrote:Anyone else? LOL

HOLD ON
OUR LEGAL TEAM IS DRAFTING A MEMO.
ONCE APPROVED BY THE IN-HOUSE COUNSEL WE WILL ISSUE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT!
blnd!

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 am

You crack me up. But yeah, prolly not the best place for a legal discussion.
[email protected]

PreviousNext

Return to Future Garage