Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Definition - or at least an attempted one, of future garage

Definition - or at least an attempted one, of future garage

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Re: Definition - or at least an attempted one, of future garage

Postby Dellity » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 am

I probably didn't explain myself explicitly enough, i just meant that when you say 'oh, that tune has pitched down r'n'b vocal samples, woodblock snares and ambient pads so it must be future garage' that IMO, isn't a healthy thing. Of course every genre/style has certain sonic trademarks and qualities, itjust bores me when everything is being labelled as FG when its 'chilled' or 'ambient.
And yeah, that makes two of us :D
Dellity

Postby blnd! » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Dellity wrote:I probably didn't explain myself explicitly enough, i just meant that when you say 'oh, that tune has pitched down r'n'b vocal samples, woodblock snares and ambient pads so it must be future garage' that IMO, isn't a healthy thing. Of course every genre/style has certain sonic trademarks and qualities, itjust bores me when everything is being labelled as FG when its 'chilled' or 'ambient.
And yeah, that makes two of us :D

and yet, i love this list, pretty much summs up the kinda garage i don't really like :lol:
ninja_edit wrote:Frequency response: Bias toward subs and away from very highs, over all vinyl-like sound.

Structure: Reasonably consistant, not reliably break->drop for its climax.

Themes: Intimacy, or at least something emotional.

Drums: 130s, less conventional beats, sometimes 2-step, natural samples, especially wooden instruments rather than metal; a synthed kick is the exception.

Pads: More often natural sounding like strings than other styles of electronic music.

+ totally meaningless acapellas pitched up/down
+ random track title
+ short artist name, unusual spelling is recommended: DharK, Nigt, Memorys, älone
blnd!

Postby ninja_edit » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

You'd better get used to it because it's going to become more well defined in the future.
ninja_edit

Postby Whyrez » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 pm

blnd! wrote:and yet, i love this list, pretty much summs up the kinda garage i don't really like :lol:

+ random track title
+ short artist name, unusual spelling is recommended: DharK, Nigt, Memorys, älone

Fuck you then mang :P Haha. That sums the majority of my shit up to a t :mrgreen:
Whyrez

Postby charlux » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 am

ninja_edit wrote:You'd better get used to it because it's going to become more well defined in the future.

Your right, it will, and than everyone will get bored of it then future garage is dead. It's turning into what seems like a major over correction for the popularity of brostep, mixed with everyones best attempt at being burial. Its soooooooo boring. Yesterday I heard a white noise soundscape, with shuffly drums, called future garage, and that is all it was, and people were going ape shit over it....that, unfortunately, is the fate of "Future Garage"
charlux

Postby Whyrez » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

charlux wrote:
ninja_edit wrote:You'd better get used to it because it's going to become more well defined in the future.

Your right, it will, and than everyone will get bored of it then future garage is dead. It's turning into what seems like a major over correction for the popularity of brostep, mixed with everyones best attempt at being burial. Its soooooooo boring. Yesterday I heard a white noise soundscape, with shuffly drums, called future garage, and that is all it was, and people were going ape shit over it....that, unfortunately, is the fate of "Future Garage"

That was an extremely negative comment!! I don't see how people defining it as a specific area of the scene will genuinely do it any damage. :shock: It's just a case of morons accepting what they believe, if they want to be non-morons then they'd insist in looking further into something. People who are genuinely involved in the Future Garage scene will label their music as (Future) Garage regardless of whether or not that scene has been associated with a pigeon hole sound. You wouldn't see a Dubstep producer labelling their music as breakbeat just because Dubstep is now associated with 'Brostep'. :mrgreen:

As a slight digression... The closest we've got to a commercial level so far is with this new breed of House which IMO is blatantly hugely Garage influenced and must be aware of the Future Garage idea, artists like DEVolution, Disclousure, Julio Bashmore etc. Best style of music to hit the popular domain since the 90's. I think EDM is having a positive turn as a bigger picture, all this negativity of how the FG scene will fall is a conspiracy.
Whyrez

Postby blnd! » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Whyrez wrote:
blnd! wrote:and yet, i love this list, pretty much summs up the kinda garage i don't really like :lol:

+ random track title

Fuck you then mang :P Haha. That sums the majority of my shit up to a t :mrgreen:

hahaha

To be totally honest i don't worry much about these things. Scenes/genres will come and go. People likes to label things. Im just gonna keep doing my shit.
(But i do like to make fun of the 'burialclones' :? :D )
blnd!

Postby charlux » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 am

Whyrez wrote:
charlux wrote:

That was an extremely negative comment!! I don't see how people defining it as a specific area of the scene will genuinely do it any damage. :shock: It's just a case of morons accepting what they believe, if they want to be non-morons then they'd insist in looking further into something. People who are genuinely involved in the Future Garage scene will label their music as (Future) Garage regardless of whether or not that scene has been associated with a pigeon hole sound. You wouldn't see a Dubstep producer labelling their music as breakbeat just because Dubstep is now associated with 'Brostep'. :mrgreen:

Sorry to sound negative, I'm just afraid eventually it will only be associated with that one sound.

Whyrez wrote:As a slight digression... The closest we've got to a commercial level so far is with this new breed of House which IMO is blatantly hugely Garage influenced and must be aware of the Future Garage idea, artists like DEVolution, Disclousure, Julio Bashmore etc. Best style of music to hit the popular domain since the 90's. I think EDM is having a positive turn as a bigger picture, all this negativity of how the FG scene will fall is a conspiracy.

I wasnt aware that those artists were getting that sort of exposure. That is good though. I think the whole dubstep hysteria in the long run will end up being a good thing, it brought alot of people into EDM, people who probably didn't even think about it before, and once they get past the mainstream dubstep stuff, they are bound to find everything else.
charlux

Postby SCIFIJACKRABBIT » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:20 am

It's like Garage but pretentious as fuck.

Bring back the cheesy 2step.
SCIFIJACKRABBIT

Postby Whyrez » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:56 pm

SCIFIJACKRABBIT wrote:It's like Garage but pretentious as fuck.

Bring back the cheesy 2step.

Whyrez

Previous

Return to Future Garage